Jolly Roger: I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.
Andrew
2024-05-23 23:54:48 UTC
In Jolly Roger's sig is this line:

What's interesting is everyone but Jolly Roger is well aware that
Google Groups died on February 22nd, 2024.

But Jolly Roger only gets his news from Apple advertisements.
And Apple didn't mention anything about that.
Jolly Roger
2024-05-24 00:46:27 UTC
Post by Andrew
What's interesting blah blah blah
What's really interesting is how something as inconsequential as a
signature causes emotional outbursts like Arlen's here. Updating my
signature isn't very high on my list of important or enjoyable things to
do, but the resident trolls here getting their panties in a twist
certainly drops it even lower on the list. Cry harder, little Arlen.

JR
*Hemidactylus*
2024-05-24 01:55:56 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Andrew
What's interesting blah blah blah
What's really interesting is how something as inconsequential as a
signature causes emotional outbursts like Arlen's here. Updating my
signature isn't very high on my list of important or enjoyable things to
do, but the resident trolls here getting their panties in a twist
certainly drops it even lower on the list. Cry harder, little Arlen.
Keep the sig as a reminder of the shitshow Google Groups was. Don’t be evil
my ass!
Andrew
2024-05-24 02:13:59 UTC
Post by *Hemidactylus*
Keep the sig as a reminder of the shitshow Google Groups was.
Don't be evil my ass!
Can't disagree Google is evil, particularly in terms of privacy.
And Google got caught in a whole bunch of big lies, like Apple did.

Microsoft is no better - what with requiring a login in Windows 11
(which you can remove - and which causes no disadvantages - but still).

Worse, Samsung copied Apple's trick of claiming by charging your for a
charger but not putting it in the box, is somehow "green" because now you
have to go out and purchase the correct charger for your Samsung phone.

It's a fact that Apple paved the way in a lot of losses to consumers.
But for these companies to follow Apple's ways is to make them no better.

The only difference is if you chastise them on the adult operating system
newsgroups, everyone understands - but if it happens on the religious
zealot Apple newsgroups - everyone gets all worked up because they feel any
truth about Apple is attacking their deity which they defend to the death.
Alan
2024-05-24 02:18:15 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by *Hemidactylus*
Keep the sig as a reminder of the shitshow Google Groups was.
Don't be evil my ass!
Can't disagree Google is evil, particularly in terms of privacy.
And Google got caught in a whole bunch of big lies, like Apple did.
LOL

You're so obsessed.
Post by Andrew
Microsoft is no better - what with requiring a login in Windows 11
(which you can remove - and which causes no disadvantages - but still).
Worse, Samsung copied Apple's trick of claiming by charging your for a
charger but not putting it in the box, is somehow "green" because now you
have to go out and purchase the correct charger for your Samsung phone.
No. You have to go out and by a charge if the one you already have isn't
adequate.

My new MacBook Air came with a dual USB-C charger, so why should I be
forced to buy another when I replace my iPhone soon?
Jolly Roger
2024-05-24 14:59:09 UTC
Post by *Hemidactylus*
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Andrew
What's interesting blah blah blah
What's really interesting is how something as inconsequential as a
signature causes emotional outbursts like Arlen's here. Updating my
signature isn't very high on my list of important or enjoyable things
to do, but the resident trolls here getting their panties in a twist
certainly drops it even lower on the list. Cry harder, little Arlen.
Keep the sig as a reminder of the shitshow Google Groups was. Don’t be
evil my ass!
I definitely have less incentive to change it now that we know it
bothers the hell out of resident trolls. 🤣

JR
Andrew
2024-05-24 16:44:01 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
I definitely have less incentive to change it now that we know it
bothers the hell out of resident trolls.
The point is that everything these Apple zealots do shows how incredibly
ignorant they are of everything - not only of Apple - but also of Google.
Jolly Roger
2024-05-24 17:57:41 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Jolly Roger
I definitely have less incentive to change it now that we know it
bothers the hell out of resident trolls.
The point is that everything these Apple zealots do shows how
incredibly ignorant they are of everything - not only of Apple - but
also of Google.
The signature stays.

Cry harder, little Arlen.

JR
Andrew
2024-05-24 20:14:26 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
The signature stays.
Which simply proves how ignorant the Apple religious zealots are.

The point is all you religious Apple zealots have three things in common.
1. You're all of extremely low IQ
2. As a result, you're ignorant of what everyone else knows
3. Worse, you don't have the education to understand that simple fact

It's why you still think Google Groups exists, even as it died long ago.
Jolly Roger
2024-05-25 02:20:53 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Jolly Roger
The signature stays.
ignorant
religious zealots
religious Apple zealots
extremely low IQ
ignorant
don't have the education
Ad hominem is all you've got, trollboi.

Cry harder.

JR
Andrew
2024-05-25 04:44:02 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Ad hominem is all you've got
Actually, I studied you strange Apple zealots long and hard, Jolly Roger.

Each of you is a herd animal who was told, your entire lives, that you were
stupid - and yet - Apple loves you - and you love Apple in return.

You *belong* in an Apple newsgroup, Jolly Roger, as long as that Apple
newsgroup only says good things about Apple products, isn't that right JR?
Jolly Roger
2024-05-25 16:34:34 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Jolly Roger
Ad hominem is all you've got
strange Apple zealots
herd animal
stupid
Case in point.

JR
Andrew
2024-05-26 05:38:40 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Case in point.
There's a reason iOS always has the most exploits in the industry, JR.
<https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>
Colour Sergeant Bourne
2024-05-24 13:30:46 UTC
Post by Andrew
What's interesting is everyone but Jolly Roger is well aware that
Google Groups died on February 22nd, 2024.
But Jolly Roger only gets his news from Apple advertisements.
And Apple didn't mention anything about that.
So what of it? What's your malfunction?

When someone posts a serious Mac System question or difficult problem,
JR is invariably right there with a detailed and generally correct solution.
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they
have to say something.
⁃ Plato
Andrew
2024-05-24 16:43:07 UTC
Post by Colour Sergeant Bourne
Post by Andrew
But Jolly Roger only gets his news from Apple advertisements.
And Apple didn't mention anything about that.
So what of it? What's your malfunction?
Everything the Apple zealots do shows how ignorant they are, that's why.

You have to understand that I ascertain that the Apple religious zealots
are ignorant of anything that they didn't see in an Apple advertisement.

The fact Google Groups is known to everyone except the Apple zealots is
simply yet another piece of evidence supporting that astute supposition.
Post by Colour Sergeant Bourne
When someone posts a serious Mac System question or difficult problem,
JR is invariably right there with a detailed and generally correct solution.
Why then do you think JR still doesn't understand Apple's mac release support?
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

Note Apple was _forced_ by security researchers to write that, which Apple
did but hid it where only the most intelligent people could find it.
<https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

HINT: Apple zealots didn't find it as JR is *still ignorant* of it.
Which is the point of pointing out the ignorance in JR's sig.

The uneducated ignorant Apple religious zealots know nothing about Apple.
Jolly Roger
2024-05-24 17:57:11 UTC
Post by Colour Sergeant Bourne
So what of it? What's your malfunction?
Apple zealots ignorant Apple religious zealots are ignorant Apple
zealots
More schoolyard insults.
Why then do you think JR still doesn't understand Apple's mac release support?
Arlen is lying again. I understand Apple's updates far better than him..
Apple zealots the ignorance in JR's sig uneducated ignorant Apple
religious zealots
More schoolyard insults.

JR
Andrew
2024-05-24 20:13:18 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
I understand Apple's updates far better than him..
First off, you don't even understand English grammar, JR.
Secondly, you lied about Apple support for years and years, JR.

You know absolutely nothing about how Apple updates iOS & macOS.
You don't even know that Google Groups died long ago, Jolly Roger.

My point is all you Apple religious zealots are three things:
a. Ignorant
b. Uneducated
c. Low IQ

Your own sig proves it.
Jolly Roger
2024-05-25 02:18:58 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Jolly Roger
I understand Apple's updates far better than him..
First off, you don't even understand English grammar, JR.
Sure I do. You're projecting again.
Post by Andrew
Secondly, you lied about Apple support for years and years, JR.
Nope, and you can't provide a link to me lying. You're projecting again.
Post by Andrew
You know absolutely nothing about how Apple updates iOS & macOS.
I know far more than you, and you lie constantly.
Post by Andrew
You don't even know that Google Groups died long ago, Jolly Roger.
I knew before it happened, little Arlen. And the fact that my signature
bothers the hell out of you brightens my day every time you mention it.
🙂
Post by Andrew
Apple religious zealots
a. Ignorant
b. Uneducated
c. Low IQ
More ad hominem from the lose troll.

Cry harder, little Arlen.

JR
Andrew
2024-05-25 04:44:04 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Andrew
Secondly, you lied about Apple support for years and years, JR.
Nope, and you can't provide a link to me lying.
And yet, you are still ignorant that Apple is the only common consumer
operating system supplier who only fully supports a single release, JR.
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Andrew
You know absolutely nothing about how Apple updates iOS & macOS.
I know far more than you, and you lie constantly.
The point of this thread was that you are not only unaware that Google
Groups died long ago, but that Apple has the worst support in the industry.
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Andrew
You don't even know that Google Groups died long ago, Jolly Roger.
I knew before it happened...
Just like you knew that Apple's support is the worst in the industry, JR.

<https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/samsung-extends-android-and-security-updates-to-7-years/>
"Samsung phones now come backed with seven years' worth of
security updates and seven generations of OS upgrades."

<https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/google-pixel-8-software-updates>
"That support covers everything, including full Android updates,
the regular Pixel feature drops and security updates."

In addition, for billions of Android devices around the world, Google has
been updating _all_ of those on the net over version 4.4 for years!

Monthly.
<https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/google-monthly-changelog-play-system-updates.html>
"Google System updates, meanwhile, are fully automated. Originally
referred to as Project Mainline, these monthly updates fix bugs
discovered in various core OS components like device connectivity,
location services, media services, Emergency alerts, and others."

It's so seamless, most Android users don't even know it is updating.
Jolly Roger
2024-05-25 16:36:32 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Andrew
Secondly, you lied about Apple support for years and years, JR.
Nope, and you can't provide a link to me lying.
And yet, you are still ignorant that Apple is the only common consumer
operating system supplier who only fully supports a single release, JR.
Not only is that not proof of me lying, it's a lie of its own. Irony
truly is dead. Fully supporting the latest release is commonplace in the
software industry, little Arlen. And you still haven't shown my supposed
lie.

JR
Andrew
2024-05-26 05:37:14 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Fully supporting the latest release is commonplace in the
software industry
It's no longer shocking that you ignorant uneducated Apple zealots don't
realize Apple's full support of only a single release is the worst in the
industry, Jolly Roger.

Jolly Roger