iPhone / Mac integration - next level - iPhone mirroring.
Alan Browne
2024-06-10 18:00:56 UTC
Coming with the new iOS and Mac OS' this fall, from the Mac you can
access your iPhone (say in another room) to pretty much full
functionality. The iPhone itself stays locked.
--
"It would be a measureless disaster if Russian barbarism overlaid
the culture and independence of the ancient States of Europe."
Winston Churchill
Jolly Roger
2024-06-10 19:18:26 UTC
Post by Alan Browne
Coming with the new iOS and Mac OS' this fall, from the Mac you can
access your iPhone (say in another room) to pretty much full
functionality. The iPhone itself stays locked.
I've been waiting for them to roll this out along with the ability to
control other people's iPhone/iPad screens remotely!

JR
Alan Browne
2024-06-10 20:20:22 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Alan Browne
Coming with the new iOS and Mac OS' this fall, from the Mac you can
access your iPhone (say in another room) to pretty much full
functionality. The iPhone itself stays locked.
I've been waiting for them to roll this out along with the ability to
control other people's iPhone/iPad screens remotely!
I'd be happy just to be able to control my iPhone when it's in another room.
Winston Churchill
Jolly Roger
2024-06-11 02:56:12 UTC
Post by Alan Browne
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Alan Browne
Coming with the new iOS and Mac OS' this fall, from the Mac you can
access your iPhone (say in another room) to pretty much full
functionality. The iPhone itself stays locked.
I've been waiting for them to roll this out along with the ability to
control other people's iPhone/iPad screens remotely!
I'd be happy just to be able to control my iPhone when it's in another room.
I do a lot of remote tech support, so the latter will come in really
handy as well.

JR
Andrew
2024-06-11 03:51:47 UTC
Post by Alan Browne
Coming with the new iOS and Mac OS' this fall, from the Mac you can
access your iPhone (say in another room) to pretty much full
functionality.
How's that different from what I've been doing with iOS/Android for years?

I have been fully interacting with both mobile devices over Wi-Fi or USB
using the PC's mouse, keyboard & clipboard (even sharing the file system).

You can even install apps by dragging the installer over from the PC.
Jolly Roger
2024-06-11 16:41:18 UTC
Post by Alan Browne
Coming with the new iOS and Mac OS' this fall, from the Mac you can
access your iPhone (say in another room) to pretty much full
functionality.
How's that different from [Android zealotry omitted]
Nobody claimed it was different than anything.
Nobody compared it to anything.
That's all you, little Arlen.

Shut up and go play outside, little boy. The adults are talking.

JR
Andrew
2024-06-11 20:39:26 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Shut up and go play outside, little boy.
What you seem to hate is that Apple platforms are primitive & limited.

I find it revealing that Apple is about a decade behind everyone else in
terms of providing users basic functionality every other OS gives them.

For example, with Android, every APK you've ever installed is saved.
Every app. Every version. By default. Automatically.

Even the entire home screen, with all the concomitant folder names and
locations and spacings, and the app shortcuts in those folders is saved.

With Apple platforms, you have to wade through a clusterfuck of primitive
iTunes' processes and even then you can't install an app that is no longer
on the app store.

Worse, for free apps, even if you backed up the IPA manually, you *still*
can't install that IPA onto any other device on the planet you want to.

What you seem to hate is how utterly primitive Apple's platforms are.
Jolly Roger
2024-06-11 22:16:30 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Shut up and go play outside, little boy.
What you seem to [zealotrous ramblings omitted]
You're boring.

JR