Need Free Data recovery Application
Beth C
2007-11-11 02:20:02 UTC
I need a free Data recovery Application for OS X 10.4. Any ideas.
Money is tight. Beth Thanks in advance.
Mike Rosenberg
2007-11-11 02:39:15 UTC
Post by Beth C
I need a free Data recovery Application for OS X 10.4. Any ideas.
Money is tight. Beth Thanks in advance.
Restoring from your backup is free. I can't think of anything else that
doesn't cost money. What did you lose? Let us know what it is and how
you lost it, in case there's a possibility of recovering it another way.
--
<http://designsbymike.info/shop/mac.cgi> Mac and geek T-shirts & gifts
<http://designsbymike.info/shop/musings.cgi> Muckraking T-shirts
<http://designsbymike.info/shop/dance.cgi> Ballroom dance shirts & gifts
Beth C
Lost some documents and pictures.
Jolly Roger
2007-11-11 04:15:16 UTC
Post by Beth C
Post by Mike Rosenberg
Post by Beth C
I need a free Data recovery Application for OS X 10.4. Any ideas.
Money is tight. Beth Thanks in advance.
Restoring from your backup is free. I can't think of anything else that
doesn't cost money. What did you lose? Let us know what it is and how
you lost it, in case there's a possibility of recovering it another way.
Lost some documents and pictures.
If I were you I would use whatever money you do have to invest in a
solid backup strategy. It'll pay off in the long run.
--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to

JR
Mike Rosenberg
2007-11-11 14:48:48 UTC
Post by Beth C
Post by Mike Rosenberg
Restoring from your backup is free. I can't think of anything else that
doesn't cost money. What did you lose? Let us know what it is and how
you lost it, in case there's a possibility of recovering it another way.
<http://designsbymike.info/shop/dance.cgi> Ballroom dance shirts & gifts
Lost some documents and pictures.
We need you to be more specific. Do you mean you trashed them and then
emptied the trash? If that's the case then, yes, you _would_ need data
recovery software, which exists but isn't free.

If, instead, you mean they're just missing and you have _not_ trashed
them, perhaps they're somewhere else on you computer and doing a search
may locate them. Alternatively, you could have directory damage and
need to run a disk repair utility. Apple's Drive Utility is not only
free, you already have it on the disc(s) that came with your Mac.
Beth C
2007-11-11 19:48:59 UTC
Post by Mike Rosenberg
Post by Beth C
Post by Mike Rosenberg
[...]
Ok.I didnt realize that it rescued stuff I trashed. I will try it next
time I accidentally trash something.
Beth C
2007-11-11 19:51:39 UTC
Post by Mike Rosenberg
Post by Beth C
Post by Mike Rosenberg
[...]
I didnt read all of this, lol. Then Apple's Drive Utility won't help
me? Then I am up the creek.
w***@gmail.com
2007-11-12 05:10:19 UTC
Not a free ware but you can try this utility for mac. Stellar has
launched a new version of Macintosh data recovery software.
Stellar Phoenix Macintosh v2.0 Data Recovery software-a complete
solution that helps to recover data from damaged, deleted, or
corrupted volumes and even from initialized disks. This also supports
the HFS, HFS+, HFSX and HFS Wrapper file systems and works fully in
the MacOS 10.3.9 and above.
For more information visit: http://www.macintosh-data-recovery.com
nospam
2007-11-12 09:19:57 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
Not a free ware but you can try this utility for mac. Stellar has
launched a new version of Macintosh data recovery software.
aside from this twit repeatedly spamming, the product is absolute
garbage and it doesn't work at all. it is also more expensive than mac
utilities with a proven track record.
r***@gmail.com
2012-07-12 11:40:05 UTC
You can try Kernel for Mac Recovery software is user centric, professional tool made exclusively for recovering data lost from OS corruptions, disk partitions, hard disk crashes, formatting or re formatting. This tool recovers the entire data contained in the hard disk. It supports HFS, HFS+ file systems and PEN, USB, IDE, SCSI, EIDE, SATA drives. While recovery process the tool preserves long names and their format.for download visit here http://www.macdiskrecovery.net
No one
2012-07-12 16:06:02 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
You can try Kernel for Mac Recovery software is user centric, professional
tool made exclusively for recovering data lost from OS corruptions, disk
partitions, hard disk crashes, formatting or re formatting. This tool
recovers the entire data contained in the hard disk. It supports HFS, HFS+
file systems and PEN, USB, IDE, SCSI, EIDE, SATA drives. While recovery
process the tool preserves long names and their format.for download visit
here http://www.macdiskrecovery.net
Begone, spammer scum!